Friday, May 25, 2012

Foyer art

I have had this in my foyer or a few months, but I've been wanting to share it with my readers. I found this cool wall decal for $11 at Ross department store. I have gone crazy about birds this year and had to have this. I decided that I really didn't want to stick it flat to the wall, so I went to Home Depot and had them cut a cheap plywood board into 11 in by 11 in squares, the size of these decal tiles. I simply stuck the decals to the plywood squares and hung up my new art with Command velcro picture hangers. It turned out much better than expected and added a great "outdoor" feel to my foyer. Looks much nicer than if stuck flat to the wall in my opinion. I have a family heirloom park bench that I will be adding to this space soon. Can't wait to sit in my foyer on my park bench and watch the birds!



1 comment:

  1. Miranda!!! I LOVE this! And your park bench idea sounds super cute! Make sure to show us a picture of it when you get it!

    ReplyDelete