Sunday, June 10, 2012

Flag Wreath

Thanks so much to Capital B for this tutorial. I made this Friday and auctioned it off at our family reunion on Saturday. It now belongs to it's proud new owner and my sweet cousin Raegan. So glad it went to someone who appreciates it and loves it! I do think I'll be making another for myself real soon!






Just a few tips that made it easier for me:

1. I used a rotary cutter on the felt, which saved tons of time because I could cut 2 pieces of felt at a time
2. Straight pins do seem to be the best to attach the felt to the foam wreath. I would recommend using pins with red, white and blue heads because they do sometimes show through. It took at least 250 pins for mine, so be prepared!
3. I used 2 vertical rows of three "flowers" each for the red and white sections. This seems to space out the colors nicely

Happy 4th of July!!

1 comment:

  1. Hmm..I have no idea what a rotary cutter is...guess I will have to Google it! LOL. Very nicely done my friend.

    ReplyDelete