Saturday, April 21, 2012

Coffee Filter Wreath

I have been diligently working for two straight days on this wreath. Finally finished! I have to say, it turned out beautiful! Be forewarned...this is a time consuming and meticulous project, but well worth the results. I borrowed the idea from Lovely Crafty Home. Thanks for a great tutorial!

So I started by coloring the coffee filters in old empty ice cream buckets of different diluted paint colors, most of which were a mixture of different colors till I got what I liked. I used about a 1/2 inch of water and mixed in my paint colors so that I could color several filters at a time. The cream colored filters were colored with brewed tea. I then spread my coffee filters out on an old blanket to dry. Lovely Crafty Home hung hers on a line to dry and I think that would have probably worked better for me if I had a place to do it.



I used a foam wreath.

I used floral pins to attach the flowers.

Here is a coffee filter flower in the making. Get the full flower tutorial here.

Here is the finished product! What a beauty!

 



1 comment: