Saturday, April 21, 2012

Potty Parties!

So we have made the decision to go ahead with potty training our almost 18 month old sweetheart (jaw drop!) But, trust me, I always said when my child starts telling me she needs a diaper change, it would be time. (Of course its all about communication in a house with a speech therapist, lol!) Sure enough, B has been telling us for a few weeks now, "booboo" accompanied by a point to the rear end (cuteness!). So mama went out and got the potty at the Wally World. As we are strolling around the baby department with B and her potty in the cart, B gets the attention of a customer with her usual friendly "Hey!" The woman gives her a few sweet compliments then states to me, "Are you potty training her?" I smile politely, but I'm thinking to myself "No, the potty is for me, I have decided I need a miniature pink throne to do my business!" I knew her thoughts behind that question- "That baby is way too young for potty training." Well I know I am a first-time mama, but I know my baby and I had no doubt she would be pottying like a pro in no time! Afterall, back in the day when stay-at-home mamas were training my generation, babies were usually trained by age 2. So, after about 3 or four days of talking about how booboos go in the potty and following mama and daddy and grandmama and nana to the bathroom every trip, B boo booed in her potty! She was so very proud of herself and we made an ordeal out of watching the boo boos go bye-bye when they were flushed (I know, the joys of being a kid!! Even poop is entertaining!) I am excited to say that B has continued interest in the potty and had a second potty triumph with her daddy yesterday. I love this story so much that it inspired me to write this whole silly potty post to begin with. It just reminds me again that B has an awesome daddy and her relationship with him is such a special one! So the story goes that B begins to announce that she has to "boo boo" shortly after arriving at daddy's house. Daddy has not had a chance to go out and get a training potty for B as we have just made the decision to go forth with the plan. So, being the good daddy that he is, he grabbed her up and put her on the big toilet and proceeded to hold her there while she laid her head on his shoulder and they shared a father-daughter poopy experience!! Hahahaha! I only wish I had a picture to capture this sweetness!

No comments:

Post a Comment